Monday, January 22, 2007

Poetry in Black and White


"While I was born land-locked under a vast Prairie sky in Winnipeg, Canada, it wasn’t until I moved out to Vancouver that I became engaged with the potential for landscape photography. Perhaps it was simply my need to better understand my new surroundings – water, water, everywhere – that provoked my deeper interest in the way landscape can shape photographic reality. Whatever the reason, my creative imagination opened up at this time as I began to explore the many hidden treasures of the Pacific Northwest – even those more plainly in sight"



Stunning black and white images from Vancouver photographer Michael Levin (titled Photographer of the Year at the 2006 International Photography Awards in New York City). His photos are like poetry as we try to interpret what is beyond the essential elements that his lens captures... purposely soft, harmonic, and engaging. Truly mesmerizing...

No comments: