Friday, January 5, 2007

An Indoor Earthy Blend and Balance

I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature,
which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.
~Henry David Thoreau


Inspiration naturelle from BoConcept in Vancouver...

I love a fine blend and balance of the outdoors in my space. I feel detached from my surroundings if I don't take some of the natural world and incorporate into my home.
So, I say stay in touch with nature and create a warm and comforting look with textured fabrics, wood, bamboo, wicker, and earthy tones such as rich browns and beautiful greens...


The bedroom is a sanctuary so make the place you sleep a space you love.
Use the outdoors as inspiration... note the beautiful browns in the wood furniture... a twisty branch brought in from the outdoors as an accent... and texture in the bamboo ladder and wicker basksets.


Surround yourself with your favourite things inspired from the natural palette of Earth...
A rich and raw living room... lots of natural wood in the wall system and coffee table, organic textures in accents, and gorgeous green melange fabric used on the sofas. Soothing and relaxing space with white as the canvas.


No comments: