Friday, April 27, 2007

The Landscape of Eating

Topoware is the brainchild of Canadian industrial designer Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino and Karola Torkos of Germany. They create tableware that incorporates the philosophy and geography of landscape in the designs... the result is a dining experience that is graphically *and* topographically fulfilling!

China Set - bowls, salad plates, and dinner plates lined with questions to label your culinary experience: "Are you hungry, very hungry or done? Are you modest or greedy? Do you have a mom/dad or child portion?" Tablecloth- defining your personal space at the dinner table, this hand-sewn tablecloth draws a subtle pattern around a person Placemats - made of layered wood, defining what comes first and where cutlery and tableware should be placed.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE this stuff! It reminds me of my childhood...my dad always had different kinds of maps lying around...topography maps, road maps, aviation maps...you name it! He would even wrap our birthday gifts in maps! These items are really great...thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

I really like this...so interesting and thought provoking!

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I love this. It is so inspire by nature it feels so fresh and natural. I love it

Anonymous said...

I would love to own this collection. Clever design.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely buy this! Guaranteed fun for the kids at the dinner table, and it looks quite stylish!