Monday, April 30, 2007

Peacock Extravagance






I was enjoying a meandering stroll the other day through thee lovely Beacon Hill Park, when I came across a gorgeous peacock in full glory. He was a spectacular sight, and stunningly beautiful... needless to say, I was quite flattered! What magnificent birds-de-plume...

(top) Tailfeathers by Aaron Logan
(left) Peacock Feather, acrylic inks and technical drawing pen on illustration board for Natural History Illustrations Gallery
(right) Peacock close-up by David Cote

Handmade card from Vancouver based Flaunt cards
Atelier LZC, handmade silk screen print
Urban Outfitters, jewel tone peacock pillow with ribbon detail
Darrell Underschultz, Peacock acrylic on canvas
Mwah Creations based in Vancouver, print card of pen sketch by Tanis Alexis Laird
John Derian, round 16 inch platter
Publisher Textiles, Peacock printed canvas
Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen Lavish Collection, Prince of Tales Mug
Jonathon Adler, Peacock pillow
Florence Broadhurst, Exotic Bird fine art
Sanna Annukka

16 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Great post!!!!
Enjoyed it...

Anonymous said...

love peacocks! we have some feathers from my grandmother, they are sooo pretty, the colours brilliant!

makes me miss beacon hill park, when my brother was young he used to chase them all around the park to hear them 'squawk' haha oh, the good ol' days!

xo

Michelle said...

So cool, that mug is killer, and I love your new look lady!

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

i love Peacock. Just yesterday I was searching for pictures of Peacock. I am stating to believe that there is something in the air that makes people to think about the same thing, even when we are far from each other. Visit My marrakesh and you'll know what I mean.

mommy zabs said...

What a wonderful Peacock Post. That must have taken so much research! Peacocks are such amazing creatures. Reflection such beautiful creation. Inspring. Now I'm going to be dwelling on Peacocks for awhile.

Another Shade of Grey said...

I love that peacock printed canvas.

Anonymous said...

I have been debating getting a peacock feather tattoo, and might take the plunge now. I think the mixing of blues, golds, and greens are fantastic.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS post in every way. I MUST have that last item. Thank you so much:-)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your picks, esp the last one. What detail!
These birds are very special indeed.

Delaney Gates said...

I adore the mug! I've been seeing peacocks in design on a more frequent basis lately! Love that.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

all the peacock stuff is adorable. love that handbag, so nice!

http://madebygirl.blogspot.com/
www.madebygirl.com

Linda Merrill said...

great post! I love peacocks in design.

Pearl Maple said...

Thank you for the beauty of your blog. The peacocks are inspiring in the study of color and textures, as is all of your site.

kstyle said...

What a great post. Between you and maryam its peacock week, k

Also LOVE your new banner. k

Anonymous said...

So cool. Aren't their colors amazing? Nothing man-made could look as cool. Thanks for sharing (and for visiting my blog!)

Unknown said...

I love all your peacock finds! I've always sort-of secretly wished I had a peacock of my very own. They're so beautiful. Makes me want to go to Victoria to check them out wandering around Beacon Hill Park. :)