Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Moment with Mother Earth

"The earth is what we all have in common"
~ Wendell Barry

The oceans, beaches, mountains, grasses, trees, and forest are always emanating a precious, sacred Light, day and night, and demonstrating to all of us the obvious truth... there is a story of Mother Earth and we are all a part of it. We must cherish what remains of the Earth and foster its renewal.

Earth Day is synonymous with the name of my blog: *Terramia*, loosely meaning My Earth
My home: how much I love, adore, honour, respect and cherish this world all around me... Gaia and this place I dwell.

The point of unity in the care of Earth is our love and celebration of this ultimate design, its life and its people. May you continue to love and nurture our communal home... and find peace, joy and beauty in all our surroundings, today and every day.

Namasté...

(Image from a friend, of Juan de Fuca strait from East Sooke Park just outside of Victoria)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very moving. I enjoyed this post.

Sid. said...

Sigh, makes me miss Sooke!

Anonymous said...

you are so powerful with words. this is inspiring and poetic at the same time, and the photo is very serene. you live in God's country-- actually we all do. Honor and respect.