Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Space of Inspiration


"My ideas usually come not just at my desk writing
but in the midst of living”
~ Anais Nin

What's your espace d'inspiration?
Traditional meaningful, sparkly clean and modern, organised chaos, cluttered chic? A window that faces east, a grouping of treasured photos, a pile of favourite books for divine guidance? Desks are a reflection of who we are....
Here are some workspace styles ~

Living Etc House Beautiful Laurie Smith At Home with Color
Elle Decor House Beautiful: Decorating with Books Home Cheap Home Taylor Howes House Beautiful

Home Cheap Home Steven Miller House Beautiful

As for my inspiring workspace...
I am happiest and functioning at my best when I can see *me* in my space. My "eclectic" secretaire faces a large window and a row of trees full of sparrows and chickadees chirping their lovely birdsong. The rose bush on my desk (from my beloved) blooms a glorious coral. I have my cuppa hot tea, some bonbons within reach (shush!), and the morning sun to warm my face. I can see me in my day, and that is when I feel most connected with all that surrounds me. Welcome to my desk...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post because it makes me reflect on my own workspace that is in complete chaos.

I wish I could be a tad bit neater maybe that is why I need to go to IKEA and get some plastic bins, for some reason i have this idea that this will solve all my problems!

Anonymous said...

This post is the exact reason I have "Magazine pruging" issues. I can go back and back and back and I'm not sure cutting stuff out and making inspiration books would work. I'm so afraid to cut my beloveds up. What do you do?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yet another terrific post. This is like reading my favorite magazine!!

Anonymous said...

I scan my pics!!!

Michelle said...

I to like to have my chocolate within reach and some beautiful flowers on my desk all the time...windows, sunlight, flowers, birdies....I love it all, except in my office I can hear brooklyn construction workers below..."Ey Charlie, fugedaboudit!"

momma j lee ♥ said...

thanks for this post. it has inspired me to hurry up and fix my office space!!! =)

i work best when i'm surrounded by things that make me smile, photos, personal items, furniture i LOVE, natural day light, a view outside.
i need to be surrounded by love when i work.

berry said...

Luv this post!

ChiGirl said...

Oh cool, I really like the pictures! Especially the At Home With Color one with the red chair. So simple!

Thanks I'm enjoying your blog.

Phoebe said...

nice options! (though only the first one seems to me a "real" office-- many of them seem like workspaces that only exist in magazines)...

more please! :)

Anonymous said...

love this post!!!

Anonymous said...

I would be very content on having that second to last desk area.

Anonymous said...

I like them all!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy I found your blog. It's full of design candy!

xo Mel