Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dawn MacNutt

"I will continue to be a sculptor or to make art in some form for as along as I breathe, I believe. In this pursuit, one never 'arrives'. Hopefully... the journey is the thing."

The unique weaved sculptures of Canadian artist Dawn MacNutt. The formations are interpretations of featureless human figures or large architectonic columns created from natural and non-traditional materials. Her compelling life-size willow, grapevine, seagrass or bronze works (sometimes upwards of 12' tall!) are used for outdoor installations, sculpture gardens, and indoor spaces. I like how the bits of copper glisten out from the interlaced basketry in her works...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surreal designs.

Anonymous said...

Now, THIS is very much to my liking, wonderful art! Absolutely beautiful. Thank for showing this!

Michelle Linden said...

Lovely! How great would it be to have one of your own!?!

Anonymous said...

really stunning and beautiful!!