Monday, February 26, 2007

Light in thee Crocus vernus

Empurpled crocuses in front of my home... the very first sign of Spring
How these flowers of late winter occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size!

Not sure if many of you took the opportunity to watch the Oscars last night... I admit I watched it in bits and pieces in between loads of seemingly endless Sunday laundry.
Fortunately, I happened to catch the brilliant acceptance speech of Forest Whitaker for Best Actor... his words were some of the most profound and heart touching I've heard for an acceptance speech ever.
Here is a slice of his wonderfully moving "Thank You"...

"It is possible for a kid from east Texas, raised in South Central L.A. in Carson, who believes in his dreams, commits himself to them with his heart, to touch them, and to have them happen.
Because when I first started acting, it was because of my desire to connect to everyone. To that thing inside each of us. That *light* that I believe exists in all of us. Because acting for me is about believing in that connection and it's a connection so strong, it's a connection so deep, that we feel it. And through our combined belief, we can create a new reality...
"

Bravo! And Amen to that!

No comments: