Saturday, February 17, 2007

Squirrel Style


Hmmm....


Brand spankin new critter cute hand-dyed, silkscreened top from Bonspiel!, shown on "Goldie" the model du bronze. The little corduroy patches on the shoulders are super charming...
This creation is obviously inspired by the ever-present gray squirrel in the Capital City.
I have grown to adore these little guys (althought their presence can be perceived to be more like an invasion than an inhabitation).
In Greek translation, squirrel means "tail that casts a shadow"...
There is an especially handsome little character in my neighbourhood who likes to use the network of James Bay telephone wires as a highway system. He travels back and forth across the wires outside my kitchen window (of course, competing with my favourite flock of birds) at the same time every afternoon, harvesting any nuts he can get his ittybitty paws on. He hoards his food in numerous small caches in the pots out front my home for recovery later. His fierce determination is inspiring, and urban antics always amusing...

The Squirrel shirt is handmade by Ellen Box, who resides in this lovely city. Ellen also designs a lot of the bags and clothes for thee ever-alluring Smoking Lily... Très bien! Squirrelly spellbinding and stylish...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog here is my favorite on earth!!! You are prolific in posts and your taste is impeccible.

-Thanks.

** Terramia ** said...

Gosh, I'm flattered
Thank you! (:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Ellen the Squirrel Shirt maker Girl here! I was googling myself...and found all this goodness and smoking lily too. Who are you?

** Terramia ** said...

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for stopping by...
Love your designs... as do many of the readers here!
Cool stuff! (:

To answer your all-encompassing question... hmmmm, where does one begin? (;
In a nut shell (pardon the pun), I am a girl living and loving Victoria...
I reside in James Bay and absolutely adore anything and everything to do with design, particularly that which is homegrown... oh, Capital City patriotism!

If you wish, you can contact me via email at terra.mia@hotmail.com and I'll elaborate on that seemingly basic, yet deeply philosophical question... (:

Namaste, /T