Friday, February 2, 2007

It's Groundhog Day!!


"Winter, slumbering in the open air, wears on its smiling face a dream... of spring"
~ Phil Connors from "Groundhog Day"

Thats right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's Groundhog Day!!
Will Ole Man Winter be with us for another six weeks?? Hmmm... If the day is cloudy and shadowless, it is a sign of spring and our beloved weather groundhog stays above ground, let it be Wee Wiarton Willie, Brandon Bob, Shubenacadie Sam, or the famous Yank Punxsutawney Phil.
The famous Canadian albino groundhog, Wiarton Willie, stands on guard for thee in Wiarton, Ontario
What will the forecast be here in Victoria? Mister Golden Sun has been shining all week long...
Whatever the outcome, I hope for one thing and one thing only.... that tomorrow comes!
I wonder if at 6am tomorrow morning, I will wake up to the sound of Sonny and Cher belting out "I Got You, Babe" on my clockradio. The same inane patter... only different. Boy, I hope not!


Punxsutawney Phil Throw Pillow from MclaughlinART on CafePress,
(top) Groundhog Day in Wildflowers Button from Celebration Tees on CafePress

No comments: