Friday, March 16, 2007

Staircase Style & Seduction

Jim Xhema

*The wonder and amazement of the up and down....
For as long as I can remember, I have always been intrigued by staircases:
the ornate wrought iron, the vertigo inducing overhang, the sweeping spiral, the contemporary cantilever, and the classic Georgian grand marble.
Oh and how can one pass up that perfect curve with a smooth, continuous handrail for one last nostalgic slide? The all enticing and captivating l'escalier...

Slattery & Acquroff
William Hefner

Wallick Wiley
Kerry Joyce
Timothy Corrigan
Studio Luxe
Appleton
Studio Jones
Alexander Gorlin
Robb Report
Peter L Gluck
Kerry Joyce (oh this is a slider...!)
Kees Marcelis
Emily Summers
Feinknopf

Alexander Gorlin
Salazar Design

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second from last would make a sweet ride!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Makes me wish I didn't live in a one story!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, I feel dizzy from all those stairs! What a killer post, I love architectural elements viewed as a piece of art, I can always check out your blog and find some damn fine eye candy, THANKS

Anonymous said...

Love your blog--you piece together such cool posts, thx!

** Terramia ** said...

Thank you! (:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree with Michelle!
So many overlook architectural design, but they are a huge component of the overall picture. You have blown me away -- you ave turned up the dial on design blogging!