Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Perfect Green Comes From Nature


My favourite colour is green... forest, mint, jade, celery, myrtle, asparagus, Incredible Hulk (just to see if you are paying attention), lime, kelly, olive, celadon et cetera (sounds like intriguing ingredients for a tossed salad!)
But my preferred tint of green is the colour of nature... the chlorophyll green of leaves and grass after a fresh rain. So gorgeous, natural, crisp, invigorating... it is the color symbolizing earth, nature, and in a panoptic sense, life.
So be the luck of thee Irish (and the leprechauns) to have green as "their" colour (BUT it is a little known fact that blue was once the colour associated with this day)...
Needless to say, I am in love with the blarney... just no green in me Guinness pleeease!

Canadian House and Home
(top) Dwell
Met Home... ah peace
House Beautiful
Emery et Cie
Colour Workshop
House Beautiful
Jonathan Adler
Designers Guild

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pattys Post

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Design makes me giddy. As a photographer I think a lot about design, but I am so busy with the technical details of shooting that I don't often get to indulge in the design aspects as much as I would like. Now I can come to your blog and get my design fix as much as I like (cuz design magazines are ridiculously expensive $yikes$

Have you seen the documentary "The Sketches of Frank Gehry". Definitely worth picking up if you haven't. He is simply bizarre in the most wonderful way.

Mark Cutler said...

I really love that outdoor room! What a great selection of pics.

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I love those Jonathan Adler green sofas. Isn't he fantastic?

Unknown said...

Lovely post for Paddy's Day, Terramia!

** Terramia ** said...

Thanks everyone! (:

Gypsy Purple said...

Great post....very fitting to go green now...

Anonymous said...

Oh that weathered credenza is so incredible!
You have inspired me to go 'green' -- seeing your post on the Eco-expo in Vancouver too!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Wonderful photos, I especially love the photo of the house with wall covered with leaves.