Friday, December 22, 2006

Look Down for Inspiration

~



I love to have inspiring quotes and poems all over my home for a quick reference, reflection and reminder. Besides having these words framed on the wall or pinned to a corkboard, why not paint them artistically on your floor?

Here are examples of floor art proverbs from House Beautiful

What I love the most about the stenciling is the style of script.. the calligraphy and elegant penmanship. Looks très chic.

I like the idea of being able to paint your favourite adage, motto, quip, or philosophical saying anywhere you like.
I would have a preferred saying at my front doorway so it is the first thing you see when coming into my home..

Mine would read something like ...

"Life's a voyage that's homeward bound" or "Leave your worries behind" or "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Welcome to my space... (:



~

2 comments:

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Fabulous stairs! And I love the scarf... you always find such cool things :)

** Terramia ** said...

Thanks!
I love searching for cool stuff... and I try to keep it as local as I can. Any ideas just let me know.

Have a fabulous new year full of much peace, love, and joy... (and many more delightful posts!)... (: