Sunday, December 3, 2006

Chic & Cher

I have to confess that I am a bit of a savvy shopper. I get great satisfaction out of finding a bargain; in fact, one could say I get intoxicated with giddiness. Sometimes during my decor and design scouting trips, I happen to take a liking to some items that, um, let's say, are way out of my budget.. like "in outerspace way out there". I like to think I have good taste, but a great eye for a grand and generous deal.
All that aside, here are some exceptions to my typical mode of treasure hunting. Très chic and très cher....

Notre Monde Lacquer Trays from Gracious Home. The handmade trays are round and silkscreened, and each one is signed by the artist. Gorgeous intricate design. Oh la la!

Torre and Tagus Heart Salad Bowl. All romantic conceptions aside, this is pretty enough to use any time of year. Almost affordable.
.

The tabletop Fitted bowl: Fish by John Derian. Located in the US, but, needless to say, really nice to admire. A detailed beauty.




Ok, head out of the clouds... back to earth now. (;

1 comment:

Style Court said...

Love those lacquer trays. Great find.
Courtney